Mami J's Note:
Lots of shortbread recipes out there, but this one is a bit different. The toasted coconut makes the difference. A Martha Stewart recipe that I've been doing for years and my hubby's favorite cookie. Prep time is toasting time and cooking time doesn't include the time for chilling the dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To toast the coconut and pecans: Place on separate baking pans and toast in a preheated 180 degree oven for 8-10 minutes, turning pans halfway through toasting, or until golden and fragrant. Finely chop in food processor.
- 2In a large bowl, cream butter with electric mixer. Add sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, flour and salt. Mix until combined. With a wooden spoon, mix in the pecans and coconut just until combined. Form dough into a disk, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes until firm, or freeze for up to a month.
- 3Butter 3 cookie sheets and preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- 4On a clean, lightly floured surface, roll out dough to a 1/4 in thickness. Cut out as many cookies as possible and place on cookie sheets, 1 in apart. Try not to re-roll scraps too many times, as this will toughen the cookies.
- 5Bake until golden brown, about 12-15 minutes, rotating baking sheets half-way through cooking.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Pecan Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (680 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1162.8
- Calories from Fat 713
- Total Fat 79.2 g
- Saturated Fat 43.6 g
- Cholesterol 162.6 mg
- Sodium 429.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 39.8 g
- Protein 11.3 g