Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Amazing flavors in this glazed pound cake that starts with a cake mix.
Make and share this Coconut Pecan Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup grated coconut, lightly toasted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add liquid ingredients.
- Beat to blend well.
- Fold in pecans and coconut.
- Pour batter into greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until tests done.
- Let cake cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Pour glaze over warm cake.
This was really delicious and very moist, but I did tinker with the recipe a little bit. I cut the sugar in half and it was still sweet. I had to do substitions based on what I had on hand: pineapple for OJ, plain low fat yogurt for sour cream, 1 tsp coconut extract for almond and lemon, and 1 cup of coconut as I was out of pecans. I skipped the glaze. I will be making this again. This is definitely one to try!