Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This jelly is a very nice and refreshing way to end your meal
- 185 g palm sugar (Gula Melaka)
- 1 screwpine leaves
- 1⁄2 liter water
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons agar, powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine 1 Tablespoon of Agar powder, the sugar, water and pandan leaf in a saucepan. Boil it and then reduce the heat a bit and stir till the sugar has completely dissolved. Pour 3/5 of this mix into a tin or jelly moulds.
- Put it in the freezer for 15 minutes or till it's set.
- Meanwhile, for ten minutes, leave the heat on very low and keep the remaining mix that's in the saucepan warm, stirring once in a while.
- After about 10 minutes, bring it back to a boil, add the coconut cream, pinch of salt, and remaining 1/2 tablespoon of Agar powder and mix it well till everything is combined, about 5 minutes (constantly stir the sides too).
- Pour this mix over the set layer of agar which you prepared earlier on and leave it in the fridge to set, or freezer if you want it to set faster.