Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Bored with plain maple syrup? Here's a no-cook topping that will make your waffle want to do the hula. Note - This does not have a traditional syrup consistency - more like a sauce. I'll bet it would be fabulous over warm bread pudding.
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pineapple juice (optional)
- Mix confectioners sugar and coconut milk together in a small bowl.
- Stir in maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- If you like it thinner, stir in pineapple juice until it reaches the desired consistency.
- For nutritional data calculation, my "serving" is actually 1 tablespoon.
Yum! I whizzed a half recipe of this syrup/sauce together in minutes using my magic bullet. Bearing in mind your comment Re the thickness & the reviewer comment Re the sweetness, I decided to begin with 3/4 the amt of powd sugar & I am glad I did as it was still quite thick, plenty sweet enough for me & I doubt most would want it thicker or sweeter. Even a half recipe makes a fair amt, but I will be very happy to have it around. I served it over French toast today for breakfast w/a scatter of coconut flakes on top. This would be impressive as part of a brunch w/some ham + tropical fruits & I sense a brunch w/our best friends in the near future. Thx for sharing this sure to be repeated keeper w/us. :-)
This was a very interesing sweet topping. But I found it a bit too sweet for my pancakes. Maybe it is because I was using real maple syrup, not the sugar free kind I am used to. The next time I make this I think I will try to cut down on the sweetness some how. Other than that this is a great recipe