1/1 Photo of Coconut Macaroon Cookies (Gift Mix in a Jar)
Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 3 dozen cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 5 1/3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- 2Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- 3Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the salt, flour, sugar and then the flaked coconut - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- 4Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- 5COCONUT MACAROON COOKIES GIFT TAG:.
- 6Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 4 egg whites and 1 tsp almond extract.
- 7COOKIE INSTRUCTIONS:
- 8Preheat oven to 325; grease and flour a baking sheet.
- 9Place the contents of the jar into a large bowl, and stir in the egg whites and almond extract until well blended.
- 10Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- 11Bake for 20 minutes, or until the edges are light brown in color.
- 12Immediately transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- 13Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1week.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Macaroon Cookies (Gift Mix in a Jar)
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.6
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 116.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g