Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 3 dozen cookies.
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the salt, flour, sugar and then the flaked coconut - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- COCONUT MACAROON COOKIES GIFT TAG:.
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 4 egg whites and 1 tsp almond extract.
- COOKIE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 325; grease and flour a baking sheet.
- Place the contents of the jar into a large bowl, and stir in the egg whites and almond extract until well blended.
- Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the edges are light brown in color.
- Immediately transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1week.