Every time I make this cookie, I think of my Grandpa. It was his favorite cookie. He loved anything with coconut. I think I got this recipe out of an old church cookbook. I have made this cookie for nearly 30 years. I'm not sure of the amount of cookies this recipe makes. I never really count them. I think I can get about 3 dozen. It all depends on how much cookie dough you drop off of your spoon.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream Crisco shortening, butter, both sugars, vanilla, and eggs. Mix well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in oats and coconut.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake about 9 to 10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet.
- Cool on wire racks.