Recipe by Ladies of the Lake-eM Cee
My first attempt at making any fish. It was lower fat, quick, easy and most of all-myself (non-fish eater) and the entire family loved it!
- 1020.58 g tilapia fillets
- 1 lime, juice of
- 177.44 ml Egg Beaters egg substitute (liquid eggs)
- 236.59 ml plain breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml coconut
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml dried sweet basil leaves
- 1.23 ml garlic salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Place flour in flat bowl. (for coating filets).
- Stir lime juice and liquid egg together and put in its own bowl.
- Mix breadcrumbs and coconut together. Add salt, pepper, Basil, garlic salt and place in a flat bowl.
- With each filet, cover in flour, shake off excess, dip in egg/lime mix, and coat both sides with the breadcrumbs/coconut. Place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake @ 375 for 15 min (or until it flakes).
- I served with a Broccoli & Rice dish, and steamed zucchini.