Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My first attempt at making any fish. It was lower fat, quick, easy and most of all-myself (non-fish eater) and the entire family loved it!
- 1020.58 g tilapia fillets
- 1 lime, juice of
- 177.44 ml Egg Beaters egg substitute (liquid eggs)
- 236.59 ml plain breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml coconut
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml dried sweet basil leaves
- 1.23 ml garlic salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- cooking spray
- Place flour in flat bowl. (for coating filets).
- Stir lime juice and liquid egg together and put in its own bowl.
- Mix breadcrumbs and coconut together. Add salt, pepper, Basil, garlic salt and place in a flat bowl.
- With each filet, cover in flour, shake off excess, dip in egg/lime mix, and coat both sides with the breadcrumbs/coconut. Place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake @ 375 for 15 min (or until it flakes).
- I served with a Broccoli & Rice dish, and steamed zucchini.
I surprised my boyfriend with this recipe because he loves coconut. I love it..very yummy. He is asking me to make it again. Thank you for this lovely recipe !
Delicious! I made this in the toaster oven--next time I won't use the rack--the coconut got a little too close to the heat! Otherwise this was great.
Very Yummy! I added a little more coconut (about a heaping half cup) and two teaspoons of sugar since the coconut I had was organic unsweetened. LOVE that this recipe was baked and not fried. Thanks for posting!!