Recipe by yogi
I've been on a coconut kick lately. Maybe I'm just looking forward to summer! Haven't made this yet, but it sure sounds good.
Top Review by cookin mimi
I made this recipe this morning for my DH, brother and his family which includes 3 teenage boys.....they all loved it! It made a very nice breakfast for special guests! Thanks for posting this easy recipe. I will keep it for future use!
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut (and a little extra for sprinkling on top)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices white bread, 1 inch thick
- butter (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients.
- Place bread slices in a large shallow dish (you may need 2 dishes).
- Pour egg mixture over bread, turn bread to coat, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Cook 2 slices of bread at a time in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, about 3 minutes each side.
- Place slices in a large baking pan and sprinkle each slice with a little flaked coconut.
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes.