Clean Coconut French Toast
photo by Dan Churchill
- Ready In:
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry, chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, shredded toasted
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup coconut cream
For the macerated strawberries:
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, cover and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
For the French Toast:
- Whisk eggs in a bowl for 1 minute before adding in the coconut milk, honey and allspice. On a plate, mix together the toasted coconut, salt, and cinnamon.
- Melt Coconut oil in a frypan on medium-high heat, dip both sides of the sourdough in the egg wash. Cook for 2 minutes on each side on the pan or until golden, repeat with all slices.
- Transfer bread to a the dry coconut mix, coating both sides. Whip coconut cream in a blender, food processor or with a hand whisk.
- To serve place two slices of toast down, add a dollop of whipped coconut cream, spoon over the macerated strawberries, along with some honey and finish with some fresh strawberries.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food, cooking, surfing, wine, travel and fitness is what chef Dan Churchill lives for. Born in Sydney, Australia, Dan now resides in New York City where his mission is to make people happy through food.