Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Not sure why these are called "Farm" meringues, but they are yummy, coconut-ty almond-y meringues. Easy to do and very yummy too! Originally, the name was "Farm Macaroons," but I decided that they were much closer to meringues. Hope you enjoy them!
- Preheat oven to 300 deg F.
- Grease and flour cookie sheet.
- In a med bowl, beat egg whites, vanilla extract, almond extract, and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in sugar, and whip till stiff.
- Toss together flour, salt and coconut in separate bowl; fold into egg whites.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes in preheated oven, or till slightly golden.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for easy removal.
These yummy cookies were immediately devoured at my house! The kids asked me to make more as soon as the last one was picked off the sheet. Chewy little delights with loads of coconut. I used parchment paper instead of greasing and flouring the pan. RedMeatGirl is right, they fall somewhere between meringues and macaroons. Thanks for sharing the recipe!