Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Somebody sent this recipe out over a recipe listserv. It's delicious and very easy to make.
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Combine the curry powder and salt in a bowl, add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, over medium high, add the garlic, ginger, and onion.
- Cook, stirring for 1 minute, then add the chicken and sear for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until browned.
- Add the coconut milk and lime juice, reduce heat to medium, and cook stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
Quick, simple, very tasty. I used the halves of a cooked acorn squash as bowls for this. Magnificent!
I didn't even cut the chicken up into small chunks still good, I used one chicken breast and two thighs. I also added some Thai spice premix, since the GF is not much of a curry lover.
When he says "You can make this again" I figure it gets 5 stars. :) Thank you. Very tasty and quickly made after work. I used chicken breasts, 2#, with the TBL of curry plus a 1/2 tsp of hot curry and a 1/2 tsp of red chili paste.