Recipe by KimberlyMoore
A delicious treat used for an appetizer or as part of a main dish! I found this in Southern Homes cookbook and its a family fave! This makes 10 appetizer servings or 4 main dish!
Top Review by saylaveev
I enjoyed this and so did my husband. We made it without beer (last minute choice)and it was fine. I also whipped up a quick Thai peanut sauce for dipping. I did find it a bit too sweet from the coconut.
- 0.5 (10 ounce) package tempura mix
- 0.5 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 3⁄4 cups flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breast into 2 1/2 in strips.
- Combine tempura batter mix and beer.
- pour into shallow dish and set aside.
- Combine coconut and almonds. Dip each strip into batter mixture and then roll in coconut mixture.
- Pour oil to depth of 1 1/2 inches into a dutch oven and heat to 350 degrees. Fry strips, 4 at a time, 2 mins or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.