Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this a little while ago. It is quite fatning, but very delicious!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Now add the sugar and coconut, and mix in well.
- Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Using hands dusted with powdered sugar, mould rounded tablespoonfuls of coconut mixture into egg shapes.
- Place on waxed paper lined baking sheet.
- Freeze for 2 hours or until slightly firm.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening.
- Remove eggs from the freezer a few at a time.
- Dip into chocolate mixture until completely coated.
- Return to waxed paper.
- Refrigerate until hardened.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Wonderful eggs, very easy to make. They taste even better with a little coconut extract.