Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A simple and delicious coffee cake that contains a combination of chocolate, coconut and walnuts. Using a biscuit mix really save times when stirring up the batter.
- 2 cups biscuit mix (like Bisquick)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Whisk the egg, milk and 2 tablespoons butter, stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 8 inch square baking dish.
- Pour melted chocolate over the batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl the chocolate.
- Combine the coconut, walnuts, and remaining sugar and butter, sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 400 degree F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
I gave this 3 stars. I made this for my family's Sunday Big Breakfast. This was just ok for me. My 6 yrs old niece loved this coffeecake. My 5 yrs old newphew said it was Yucky. I followed the directions to a T. I baked mine for 25 minutes and my coconut had started to burn this could be my oven. I felt the cake part was a bit dry. Overall I probably might make this again for my niece with a few adjustments to suit my familys taste. Thanks for posting. Christine (internetnut)
This was so great! I cut the calories and used splenda instead of sugar, and skim milk in place of whole. I also omitted the butter and used the same amount in unsweetened applesauce. I read the directions wrong and my batter got the entire amount of splenda. No matter - the cake must have needed it since it still wasn't sweet - but I loved it that way! My topping was only coconut and walnuts, no butter or sugar - and it was great regardless! The texture was soft and the topping was crumbly - just the way I hoped it would be. It also rose perfectly in the oven. I'll be making this really often in the same way as this is quick and tasty!