Recipe by Chef Otaktay
A yummy delicious Chicken with the richestest coconut taste and the sweetest mouth watering taste of honey mustard a very good food for any special occassion
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (1/3-inch - 1/2-inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Also need Deep fryer or deep skillet and Vegetable Oil (for deep frying).
- Trim chicken breast so the pieces will measure 4" long and about 2 1/2" wide. Sprinkles sugar and salt over chicken breast and place in a zip lock bag and marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours.
- When chicken breast are ready to be prepared, rinse lightly and drain. Place coconut,corn starch, and flour in a bowl and mix well.
- In separate bowl place beaten eggs and add water, blend well. Have oil hot and ready to fry chicken breast. Dip chicken breast in egg wash and then place chicken breast in coconut mixture, coated well. Carefully place chicken in hot oil and cook until lightly golden. Remove and place on a paper towel. When frying chicken do not crowd and keep a check on the oil so it does not burn.
- The coconut chicken was served with the honey mustard on top of the chicken pieces, we have elected to serve the sauce on the side. For presentation and tasty side compliment. Slice a ripe pineapple in 1/8" pieces and cut the round slices in half. Lightly sauté the pineapple in a non stick sauce pan that has been sprayed with a non stick spray just until heated through. The pineapple will turn more intense yellow. Serving fresh sautéed pineapple is also great with a pork entrée.