Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was inspired by Jaden's Lemongrass Chicken and Coconut Soup from her fabulous book, The Steamy Kitchen Cookbook. http://www.elanaspantry.com/coconut-chicken-soup/
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 fresh thumb-sized piece ginger, sliced into thin coins
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 6 ounces leftover chicken
- 1 cup mushroom, rinsed, drained and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1. In a pot, bring chicken stock and ginger to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 2. Stir in coconut milk, fish sauce, agave, chicken, mushrooms and carrot.
- 3. Just before serving, stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- 4. Serve.