Recipe by ellie_
Recipe source: Bon Appetit (October 1981)
Top Review by Chef Tweaker
I was going to complain that the cook time in step 1 was too long then I see that it was supposed to be MEDIUM power. Oops. I did it full power and didn't watch it. Part had boiled out of the cup by the time I got to it. I made this as written and found it the right mix of sweet and rich. Sad that it takes that much sugar to get the effect though!
I like to make my own mixes so at some point I will try mixing it with powdered milk to see if it still tastes as good. Some cinnamon would also make a good addition!
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 marshmallows (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, sugar and cocoa in a microwave safe cup and then cook on medium power for 2 minutes.
- Stir in milk and continue to cook on medium for 45 -90 seconds or until hot.
- Pour into mug and add marshmallow(s) if desired.
- Note:This is also good if you add one candycane crushed.