Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
A rolled cookie. Another one from my cookie clipping collection dated 1984. I don't make these too often since I have become a lazy cook and don't make rolled cookies too often. You can decorate these with a piped icing trim.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter and margarine until in small bits. Stir in egg yolk until until blended. If dough seems too dry work in a few drops of milk. Form dough into a ball and wrap with plastic wrap. Chill dough about 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 3 pieces. Return 2 to fridge. Roll 1/3 at a time on a lightly floured board to 1/8 inch thick. Cut with a 3 inch floured cookie cutter.
- Place cookies 1/2 inch apart on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 10 to 12 minutes till firm. Remove to rack to cool.
- When cool, decorate with icing as desired. Store airtight in a cool place. Makes about 40.