Recipe by greysangel
I love cocoa based brownies..to me using a quality cocoa just produces a nice depth of flavor. Of course the 8 oz of butter doesn't hurt the taste either :D These are on the fudgy vs. cakey side....utterly sinful!
- soft butter, for greasing the pan
- flour, for dusting the buttered pan
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar, sifted
- 1 cup brown sugar, sifted
- 8 ounces melted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups cocoa, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Butter and flour an 8-inch square pan.
- In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the eggs at medium speed until fluffy and light yellow.
- Add both sugars.
- Add remaining ingredients, and mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Check for doneness with the tried-and-true toothpick method: a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan should come out clean.
- When it's done, remove to a rack to cool.
- Resist the temptation to cut into it until it's mostly cool.