Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here is hot chocolate at it's best! Soothing, tummy warming joy!
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, not unsweetened chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- miniature marshmallow
- In a large heavy saucepan combine milk, cocoa powder and sugar.
- Bring to a simmer over medium high heat, whisking frequently.
- Add chocolate and continue whisking until melted and smooth.
- Add salt.
- Bring back to a simmer whisking constantly until frothy.
- Ladle into warm mugs and top with marshmellows.
So easy and so good! I loved the bittersweet chocolate and the marshmallows worked great! Thanks! Made for the Comfort Cafe event.