Recipe by BakinBaby
One of those keeper, appetizers. These can be made ahead, frozen and ready in just a few minutes when unexpected company pops in. And most ingredients are on hand. Everyone loves this one.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Left oiut the green pepper per request, but other than that these were great !! These were served immediately . These do have a nice kick to them that we enjoyed too. Made for PRMR TAG.
- 1 loaf rye cocktail bread
- 1 lb hot pork sausage (breakfast style)
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄4 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage and drain.
- Melt cheese, add remaining ingredients.
- Spread on Rye cocktail rounds.
- Place on cookie sheet and freeze. After freezing, they can be stored in plastic bags until ready for use.
- Heat on cookie sheet in preheated oven at 350°F for 5 minutes till cheese bubbles.