Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
It is really a chicken breast guys; just thought the name was cute. Danish, very simple, served with white rice. Zaar tour 6. i just made this in crockpot and will tell how i did versus old recipe .i really liked this and its pretty . i used bone in chicken breasts but this calls for frozen breasts
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 400 g chicken breasts or 4 chicken breasts
- 1 onion, minced fine, i sauted in strips
- 400 g carrots, sliced in thin disks
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 100 g water (but in crockpot i used about 2 cups) or 1 cup water (but in crockpot i used about 2 cups)
- Cut lemon in half.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add chicken; brown.(i skipped this step and just put chicken in crockpot and cooked until almost done then added carrots that i put through food processor).
- Add onion; saute.(this i did at end of cooking sauted onions and then put aside add sugar scoop out carrots add to pan add the lemon juice now cook down a minute or so plate the breast put carrots around top with oniond ,squeeze juice over ).
- Take out chicken.
- Add carrots; saute with sugar.
- Squeeze lemon juice over.
- Add chicken back to pan.
- Add water; poach with the lemon peel.
- Cook until chicken and carrots done.
- Arrange carrots in a circle.
- Put chicken on top of carrots.
- Squeeze 2nd half of lemon over top.
simple i like the lemony taste
This was delicious. Made for ZWT 9 for the Tasty Tasters.
So, I'm sick and in the hospital, but my husband has been cooking for the ZWT9 challenges and for himself and our kids. They really enjoyed this meal and he said it was easy to prepare. I will definitely be making this for our family when I get home and recooperated. Thanks Dienia B. Made for team Tasty Testers during ZWT9.