Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I modified and combined a few recipes I found to get to this recipe. This is the closest to Cracker Barrel's that I can get.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 ounce semisweet baking chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup miniature marshmallow
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- In a saucepan, bring 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup Coke, and baking chocolate to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in marshmallows until dissolved.
- Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, combine flour, 3/4 cup cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat together sugar, shortening, oil, and 2 teaspoons vanilla until fluffy.
- Add eggs and buttermilk and beat until smooth.
- Add 1/2 of the dry mixture into the wet mixture and beat until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl often.
- Add cooled Coke mixture and beat.
- Add remaining dry mixture and beat 4 minutes. Batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 13x9 baking pan.
- Bake on top rack of a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, cocoa and milk. Heat until butter melts.
- Beat in remaining ingredients.
- Spread on hot cake.
- Let it cool and then serve.
Just like Cracker Barrel's. Very good. The frosting is the best!!! Thank you very much.