Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
The cake is very moist and tastes like coca-cola, which I love. People don't expect that taste from a cake so its always a hit.
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup Coca-Cola
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Cake: Combine 1 cup coca-cola with 1/2 cup buttermilk and set aside.
- Beat 1 cup softened butter at low speed until creamy, then add 1 3/4 cup sugar.
- Beat until blended then add 2 eggs and 2 tsp vanilla.
- Combine 2 cups of flour, 1/4 cup of cocoa, 1 tsp baking soda.
- Once this is mixed, alternate between adding it to the cola mixture and the butter mixture.
- Now blend everything together while adding 1 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows.
- Stir until the marshmallows are blended into the mixture.
- Pour batter into 13x9x2 greased pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes then pour frosting over cake.
- Frosting: Combine 1/2 cup of butter, 1/2 cup coca-cola, and 3 T of cocoa in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stir continuously.
- Remove from heat and whisk in sugar and vanilla.
Very moist, certainly rich...lacked in flavor, though. The coke didn't stand out, nor did any chocolate flavor...
Cake was very good, and so was icing. Make sure cake is completely done in middle by testing with toothpick. It took a bit longer than recipe stated for mine to took through completely.
I had heard alot about this cake and was looking for more Wow appeal. I can't say that I could taste coke, and to me it was another regular chocolate cake. Good and very edible just not what I was expecting. I was also confused by the recipe calling for 1 1/2 cup marshmallows and then only using 1/2 cup, I'm not sure if I missed something there.