My niece gave me this recipe a couple of months ago and I'm hooked on it. Feel free to vary the amounts of spices according to what flavours you like. Great way to start the morning :-).
- 8 cups water
- 5 -6 black tea bags
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 12 whole cloves
- 4 whole allspice, buds
- 2 slices whole nutmegs
- 6 -8 cardamom pods
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or more depending on how sweet you like it.) or 2 tablespoons honey (or more depending on how sweet you like it.)
- 2 -3 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 inch piece of peeled gingerroot, sliced
- 10 -12 peppercorns
- Bring everything to a hard boil, then turn it off and let steep for a couple of hours. Transfer to the fridge. When ready to enjoy, strain mixture into a mug, add low fat milk or vanilla flavoured soya milk(preferred) in a 1:1 ratio and heat in the microwave or stovetop. Add extra honey of desired.
- If you like chai tea you will love this,at a fraction of the cost of buying premade mixes.