Chai Tea Gift Mix
photo by megs_
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup powdered vanilla coffee creamer (dry)
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened instant tea (dry)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix all together and place in pretty airtight container and attach these instructions: For each serving, place 3 to 4 heaping teaspoons mix in a cup.
- Fill with 8 ounces very hot water.
- For creamier chai, use half milk and half water.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Ok Sarafish, I thought I had reviewed this back in December, but I guess I forgot. I made this to give away as gifts, and to keep in my house. I am on my second batch, I have it at least once a day. This is the closest that I have come to the stuff you buy at the store premade. The only thing different I added was a pinch of powdered ginger. Thanks for the recipe.
I made the recipe as is only I left out the powdered sugar. I also used fat free French Vanilla flavored coffee creamer. After tasting it I thought it was too sweet and it had too much spice taste to it so I added another 1/4 cup of tea and 1/2 cup of powdered milk to the mixture and it tasted better to me. If you like really sweet stuff... make the recipe as is.. if not, adding the extra tea and powdered milk helped to cut down on that sweetness. I would certainly add a jar of this to a home-made gift basket. Thanks for the idea.
I can't rate for taste, as I'm not a Chai Tea person, but I can rate on a super duper cute and super duper easy recipe! :) I made this for gift giving this season. My only complaint is it did not make as muc as I wanted to fill my little container, and I made FOUR times this recipe. But it is cute and smells good. Thanks!
see 13 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a stay home mom of two little boys. My husband is a meat and potatoes kinda guy, my little fellas will eat anything, and I'm a vegetarian. One of my favorite things to do is sit and read a cookbook from cover to cover! My favorite cookbooks are ones with pictures of all the dishes.