Instant Chai Tea Mix (2 Points)
Found this recipe on a weight loss community board somewhere. I have it saved on my computer to try over the holidays. In the meantime, I thought others would want to try it as well.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 1 cup powdered fat free non-dairy coffee creamer
- 1 cup carnation coffee-mate powdered french vanilla fat free non-dairy coffee creamer
- 20 ounces Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered instant unsweetened prepared tea
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place the powdered mix in a blender one cup at a time and process until you have a fine powder. Repeat until all the powder has been processed.
- To serve, place 2 heaping tablespoons of mix into a cup. Add 1 cup of boiling hot water.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Loved this lower sugar/calorie version of chai tea. But, what I loved the most is the cost savings. Buying it retail definitely meant I wasn't enjoying chai tea very often. I did add a tablespoon of cocoa to the blend. Perfect...thanks so very much for saving me a ton of money and now I packing a couple for Holiday Gifts.1Reply
I made a 1/2 recipe and left the Splenda Blend. I'll add some plain Splenda (not the blend) to each cup. I made a cup for breakfast and it that I'm now sipping on. What a wonderful way to welcome a bright and sunny day. I have never been able to find any unsweetened instant tea in Canada so I brewed some Darjeeling and added a very hefty tsp of this mix with 1 1/2 tsp of Splenda: Nirvana! I don't know that I have had chai with a vanilla touch before but this certainly won't be the last time. Thanks so much Toni for this little wonder. Made for ZWT41Reply
see 8 more