Little Suzy Homemaker's Note:
From August 2008 Gourmet Magazine. I love Cobb Salad and this is a great version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 romaine lettuce, heart torn into bite size pieces
- 3 cups packed Baby Spinach
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 chicken tenders (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- 1 small tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1Toss together romaine and spinach in a large bowl.
- 2Cook bacon, stirring occasionally, in a heavy medium skillet over medium heat until crisp. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- 3Discard all but 2 tablespoons bacon drippings and add oil to skillet. Pat chicken dry and season with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium-high and cook chicken, turning over once, until golden brown and just cooked through, 5-6 minutes total. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- 4Reduce heat to medium and add vinegars and mustard to skillet. Boil, scraping up brown bits, 30 seconds. Stir in any juices from the chicken.
- 5Toss salad greens with bacon vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Top salad with chicken, eggs, tomato, sliced avocado, blue cheese and bacon.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cobb Salad With Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (863 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 667.1
- Calories from Fat 465
- Total Fat 51.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 268.1 mg
- Sodium 1027.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.3 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: