Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From August 2008 Gourmet Magazine. I love Cobb Salad and this is a great version.
Make and share this Cobb Salad With Warm Bacon Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 1 romaine lettuce, heart torn into bite size pieces
- 3 cups packed Baby Spinach
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 chicken tenders (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- 1 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 avocado
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 3 ounces)
- Toss together romaine and spinach in a large bowl.
- Cook bacon, stirring occasionally, in a heavy medium skillet over medium heat until crisp. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons bacon drippings and add oil to skillet. Pat chicken dry and season with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium-high and cook chicken, turning over once, until golden brown and just cooked through, 5-6 minutes total. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add vinegars and mustard to skillet. Boil, scraping up brown bits, 30 seconds. Stir in any juices from the chicken.
- Toss salad greens with bacon vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Top salad with chicken, eggs, tomato, sliced avocado, blue cheese and bacon.