Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Warm, aromatic and invigorating
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 clove, crushed
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon tea leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk (optional)
- Put water on the heat for boiling alongwith crushed clove and cinammon powder.
- Cover with a lid tightly so as to retain the flavours.
- Let it boil for good 2 minutes.
- Lower the heat and add tealeaves/teabag.
- Turn the heat off and let it stand.
- Pour in the cup and add sugar and milk.
- Sip sip sip!
I really enjoyed the clove in this. Never had tea with clove. Served it hot,cold,with and without milk.All Great! I used cinnamon pieces. Thanks for sharing !
Another 5 star tea made for Comfort Cafe, Jan '10. I used a cinnamon stick in place a pinch because a pinch would have never been enough for me. Thanks for posting these delights.
I love spicy tea blends and this one was really easy and soothing. People who like chai tea will certainly enjoy this one. Though not as complex as chai, it has that same flavor quality. I used barley malt instead of sugar - which added a bit more flavor beyond just sweetness. Thank!