Recipe by magillrn
Very light, fluffy, delightful biscuits to serve for breakfast or with your favorite southern meal. Gluten Free is not a curse anymore!
Top Review by ArcherMoon
Literally just finished making these. Just exactly like a biscuit!! Turned a nice colour and has a great texture. I used Bob Red Mill mix. Otherwise did recipe exactly and am so grateful to find something bread-like to make for Thanksgiving this year.
- 295.73 ml gluten-free flour (I use Domata's all purpose blend with xanthan gum)
- 118.29 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml xanthan gum (omit if already in your flour blend)
- 4.92 ml cream of tartar
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml butter, softened (NOT margarine)
- 1 large egg
- 177.44 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Mix together butter, egg and milk.
- Add dry ingredients to mixture and beat on high until mixed well. (about 30 seconds).
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes or until golden brown.