Recipe by PrairieHarpy
For more info regarding this recipe, head for http://tinyurl.com/2qrcfp -- To read Cleochatra's very entertaining Low Carb Life blog, hit http://cleochatra.blogspot.com/ This chick has a cool blog.
Top Review by SEvans
Aren't these the most amazing little treasures - I found this recipe online so mine are a little different - i use baking powder rather than cream of tartar and rather than stevia - i make mine either plain or with garlic and chives (as shown in my photo) - These are just soo good and i can't get over how easy to make.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 g Splenda granular (1 packet)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 3 ounces cream cheese (Do not soften!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Separate the eggs and add Splenda, salt, and cream cheese to the yolks.
- Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (if you're using the same mixer, mix the whites first and then the yolk mixture).
- Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds.
- Flatten each mound slightly.
- Bake about 30 minutes (You want them slightly softer, not crumbly).
- Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a rack and allow them to cool.
- Store them in a bread sack or a ziplock bag to keep them from drying out.
- Makes 6 @ about 85 calories a piece, >1 carb per.