For more info regarding this recipe, head for http://tinyurl.com/2qrcfp -- To read Cleochatra's very entertaining Low Carb Life blog, hit http://cleochatra.blogspot.com/ This chick has a cool blog.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Separate the eggs and add Splenda, salt, and cream cheese to the yolks.
- Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (if you're using the same mixer, mix the whites first and then the yolk mixture).
- Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds.
- Flatten each mound slightly.
- Bake about 30 minutes (You want them slightly softer, not crumbly).
- Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a rack and allow them to cool.
- Store them in a bread sack or a ziplock bag to keep them from drying out.
- Makes 6 @ about 85 calories a piece, >1 carb per.
Aren't these the most amazing little treasures - I found this recipe online so mine are a little different - i use baking powder rather than cream of tartar and rather than stevia - i make mine either plain or with garlic and chives (as shown in my photo) - These are just soo good and i can't get over how easy to make.
these are surprisingly good and they DO satisfy the bread craving. I use them for hamburger buns and they really work and taste delicious.
Sorry, I'm a good baker and mine look just like the picture but it has the consistency of an omelette. Not sure it would hold up as bread. Ladle some sausage gravy on it and it would be good. The cream cheese makes it a little salty tasting. I used the cream of tartar and pinch of salt. I'd experiment with other flours if I couldn't have wheat.