Recipe by Redsie
From Family Circle. Perfect for clementine season!!
Top Review by SugarDiva
This recipe is espectacular!!! Every single person that tried this pie asked me for the recipe! It has a delicate flavor and texture, the perfect balance... The only thing that I would change will be adding and extra tbs. of butter to the crust just to make it easier to assemble, but other than that this eas a perfect recipe!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, finely chopped
- 1 cup shortbread cookie crumbs
- 4 clementines, peeled and seeded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon clementine zest
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, blend butter, coconut and crumbs. Press over bottom and up sides of 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake crust at 350F for 14 minutes, or until lightly golden on edges. Transfer plate to wire rack; let cool.
- Filling: in blender, combine clementine sections and lemon juice. Pulse until smooth. Bring butter, sugar, rind, citrus mixture and gelatin to a simmer in a medium-sized saucepan.
- In bowl, slightly whisk eggs to break up. Whisk a little of hot clementine mixture into eggs; then whisk egg mixture back into saucepan. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and registers at least 160F on an instead-read thermometer. Strain into a large bowl. Place plastic wrap directly on surface of mixture; let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for 2 hours, until mixture begins to set.
- Add cream to citrus mixture. Beat with an electric mixer to very soft peaks, about 3 minutes. Spoon into crust. Chill until firm, about 1 to 2 hours. Top with clementine sections, if desired.