Prep 20 mins
Cook 22 mins
From Family Circle. Perfect for clementine season!!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, finely chopped
- 1 cup shortbread cookie crumbs
- 4 clementines, peeled and seeded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon clementine zest
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, blend butter, coconut and crumbs. Press over bottom and up sides of 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake crust at 350F for 14 minutes, or until lightly golden on edges. Transfer plate to wire rack; let cool.
- Filling: in blender, combine clementine sections and lemon juice. Pulse until smooth. Bring butter, sugar, rind, citrus mixture and gelatin to a simmer in a medium-sized saucepan.
- In bowl, slightly whisk eggs to break up. Whisk a little of hot clementine mixture into eggs; then whisk egg mixture back into saucepan. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and registers at least 160F on an instead-read thermometer. Strain into a large bowl. Place plastic wrap directly on surface of mixture; let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for 2 hours, until mixture begins to set.
- Add cream to citrus mixture. Beat with an electric mixer to very soft peaks, about 3 minutes. Spoon into crust. Chill until firm, about 1 to 2 hours. Top with clementine sections, if desired.
This recipe is espectacular!!! Every single person that tried this pie asked me for the recipe! It has a delicate flavor and texture, the perfect balance... The only thing that I would change will be adding and extra tbs. of butter to the crust just to make it easier to assemble, but other than that this eas a perfect recipe!