Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
The name says it all! Great way to get rid of all the leftovers in the bread drawer and I mean ALL the leftovers.
- 2 cups day-old bread
- 2 cups coarsly crumbled left-over doughnuts or 2 cups muffins or 2 cups cake or 2 cups cookies
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup mild honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup raisins or 1⁄4 cup nuts or 1⁄4 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons mild honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In mixing bowl combine all pudding ingredients.
- Pour into greased 1 1/2 qt baking dish.
- Bake 325 for 35-40 minutes until set.
- Serve warm or chilled with topping.
- For topping, chill beater, bowl and cream,.
- Whip until soft peaks form.
- Slowly beat in honey and vanilla.
- Serve on bread pudding.
I used leftover donuts with this recipe. It was ok. A great idea, though!
This was really good. I used leftover sweet quick bread and ginger lemon muffins and added pecans. There was coconut, pinapple and dates in the sweet bread, so this was a dense, sweet bread pudding. A nice hearty breakfast or afternoon snack.