1/6 Photos of Classic White Cake
The fine moist crumb of this cake complements any type of filling and frosting makes for the perfect celebratory cake.
My Private Note
nine in ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter two 9-inch diameter by 1 1/2-inch deep layer pans or 1 (13 by 9 by 2-inch) pan.
- 2Lined bottoms with parchment or waxed paper.
- 3Set a rack at the middle level of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar for about 5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- 5Stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Combine egg whites, milk and vanilla extract.
- 8Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to butter mixture then add half the milk mixture.
- 9Continue to alternate beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 10Scrape bowl and beater often.
- 11Pour batter into prepared pan (s) and smooth top with a metal spatula.
- 12Bake cake (s) about 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center emerges clean.
- 13Cool in pan on a rack for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a rack, remove paper and let cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic White Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1770.8
- Calories from Fat 664
- Total Fat 73.8 g
- Saturated Fat 46.0 g
- Cholesterol 195.9 mg
- Sodium 876.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 252.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 151.3 g
- Protein 27.4 g