Recipe by MinnesotaCook
I was cruising thru Turkey Divan Recipes and didn't find one like the way I always make it. It's wonderful, I can't imagine it being as good any other way.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream (whipped)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh broccoli or 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli spears, cooked and drained
- 5 slices turkey breast (large slices)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Blend in flour. Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in chicken broth. Heat to boiling stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir one minute. Remove from heat. Stir in wine and nutmeg; gently fold in whipping cream and 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese.
- Place hot broccoli in ungreased baking dish, top with turkey slices. Pour sauce over meat. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Set oven control to broil and /or 550 degrees. Broil 3 to 5 inches from heat just until cheese is golden brown. 5-10 minutes, watch closely.