Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from my grandma last summer, I haven't tried it yet but it looks really good!
Make and share this Classic Roast Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- slice celery.
- sprinkle inside cavity of chicken with thyme and salt.
- add 1 teaspoon butter, sliced celery and onion.
- rub outside of chicken with remaining butter.
- tuck wing tips under chicken breast side down on rack in roasting pan.
- add enough water to cover bottom of pan.
- roast for 10 minutes.
- reduce temperature to 375 degrees roast for 20 minutes longer.
- turn chicken breast side up roast for 30 more minutes.