Recipe by littlemisszoechef
I got this recipe from my grandma last summer, I haven't tried it yet but it looks really good!
- 1 stalk celery
- 3 1⁄2 lbs roasting chickens
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened, divided
- 1 onion, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- slice celery.
- sprinkle inside cavity of chicken with thyme and salt.
- add 1 teaspoon butter, sliced celery and onion.
- rub outside of chicken with remaining butter.
- tuck wing tips under chicken breast side down on rack in roasting pan.
- add enough water to cover bottom of pan.
- roast for 10 minutes.
- reduce temperature to 375 degrees roast for 20 minutes longer.
- turn chicken breast side up roast for 30 more minutes.