1 hr 15 mins
I got this recipe from my grandma last summer, I haven't tried it yet but it looks really good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- 2slice celery.
- 3sprinkle inside cavity of chicken with thyme and salt.
- 4add 1 teaspoon butter, sliced celery and onion.
- 5rub outside of chicken with remaining butter.
- 6tuck wing tips under chicken breast side down on rack in roasting pan.
- 7add enough water to cover bottom of pan.
- 8roast for 10 minutes.
- 9reduce temperature to 375 degrees roast for 20 minutes longer.
- 10turn chicken breast side up roast for 30 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.3
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 194.7 mg
- Sodium 499.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 44.3 g