Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Make and share this Classic Pumpkin Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- prebaked and cooled deep-dish pie crust
- Preheat an oven to 375ºF.
- In a bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Add the pumpkin, eggs, cream and milk and whisk to combine.
- Pour the filling into the prebaked piecrust and bake until the center is set, 60 to 65 minutes, covering the edges of the crust with aluminum foil after 30 minutes if they brown too quickly.
- Transfer the pie to a wire rack and let cool completely, at least 2 hours, before serving. Serves 10.