Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From delish.com. Hope to use this soon. Sounds DELISH!!
- 414.03 ml cake flour, sifted
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 177.44 ml milk
- 9.85 ml lemon extract
- 295.73 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, room temperature (1 stick)
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare muffin pans with nonstick spray and flour.
- Resift the sifted cake flour with the baking powder and salt.
- Combine the milk and lemon extract.
- Cream the sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Alternating the flour mixture with the milk mixture, blend half of one, then the other into the butter mixture. Mix well after each addition and repeat. Mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Fold them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the muffin pans, filling at least halfway. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the cakes test done.
- Remove the pans and turn out the cupcakes onto a wire rack to cool.