- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar, if you don't have this add a tad more baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup butter, half a stick
- 2⁄3 cup sugar, can be reduced to 1/2
- 2 large eggs
- frosting, candy, chocolate, etc (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Using a standard-size 12 cup muffin tin, line the cups with paper liners or grease with butter.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix wet ingredients.
- In another bowl, beat butter at high speed at high speed until soft. Add sugar and continue beating until mixture is well blended and fluffy. Then add eggs, beating until they are well blended.
- Add half of the dry ingredients and half of the milk/vanilla mixture and mix at medium speed for approx 30 seconds. Add remain ingredients and beat until blended.
- Drop batter into muffin tin cups with a large spoon until they are almost full. Just as you put the cupcakes in the oven, lower the temperature to 375°.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cooling cupcakes in pan for 15 minutes. Remove them from tin, finish cooling them on a wire rack, and frost cupcakes. Makes 12 kids very happy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm in high school. I am ridiculously smart and therefore, I make food with my spare time. My recipes are easy to make and as a health freak, MOST of them are healthy. I am also Filipino, but since most Filipino food aren't healthy, I'll only post the ones that are delicious or reasonably healthy. I AM AN AVID HARRY POTTER SUPPORTER. i can also run a mile in 8:00. I hate it when people do not cap the toothpaste tube.