- 1 lb littleneck clams or 1 lb manila clams
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon blanched sliced almonds
- 2 cups dry white wine, such as cava (Spanish wine)
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub and drain cockles and set aside.
- In a 12-inch to 14-inch saute pan, heat oil until smoking.
- Add garlic and almonds and saute until golden brown. Add clams, wine and lemon juice and zest and bring to a boil. Cover and cook until clams open, about 3 to 4 minutes. Uncover, add scallions and parsley and serve.