Recipe by babygirl65
I made this but I use chicken instead of shrimp. I was very good and very easy to make....Serve it with french bread and a nice salad.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) package Rice-A-Roni (fried rice)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 lb shrimp, uncooked, peeled and deveined
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen sugar snap peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Make sure that the tails and shell are removed from shrimp.
- In a skillet, cook rice with butter until lightly browned.
- Stir in water with seasoned packet. Heat to boil, reduce heat to low. Cover and cook about 15 minutes or until MOST of liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in marmalade, lemon peel and shrimp. Cover and cook 5 more minutes, stirring constantly until shrimp is done.
- Stir in pea pods, cover and cook 5 more minutes or until pea pods are crisp tender.