Sizzled Citrus Shrimp
- Ready In:
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (30-40 per pound)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Combine lemon juice, wine, 2 tsp oil and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Drain well, reserving marinade.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a 12-inch non stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook, turning once, until barely pink, about 30 seconds per side; transfer to a plate.
- Add bay leaf, crushed red pepper and the reserved marinade to the pan; simmer for 4 minutes.
- Return the shrimp and any accumulated juices to the pan; heat through.
- Season with salt, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
- About 4 servings- 3/4 cup each.
Join The Conversation
Hello Bev, what a lovely dinner we had! We followed your recipe as was posted and it was great! I worry about the amount of heat I can tolerate but this was just perfect! We served it with plain brown rice and asparagus, what a treat! We used the jumbo shrimp instead of the smaller size. Thanks so much for posting, Diane :=)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.