Recipe by Sue Freeman
This is great as a basting sauce for grilled tuna. Use half as a basting sauce and have drizzled over the fish upon serving.
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- If using a vegetable peeler or cocktail zester blanch lemon and lime peel for 30 seconds and then shock in cold water.
- Dry in a salad spinner.
- If using a rasp zester, combine all of the ingredients-- juice, zest, vinegar, shallots, sugar, oil and red pepper.
- If using within a few hours keep covered at room temperature, otherwise refrigerate up to 5 days.
- Bring to room temperature before using.