Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a nice dressing to have on hand. It makes a simple tossed salad very special. It would also be nice as a baste for chicken or even salmon.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup peeled shallot
- 4 cloves peeled garlic
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400^F.
- In a medium glass baking dish combine the shallots, garlic and 1/2 cup olive oil.
- Stir to coat evenly.
- Cover and bake until tender and golden, about 40 minutes, stirring now and then.
- Drain shallots and garlic and place in a blender or food processor.
- Reserve oil.
- Puree shallots and garlic and transfer to a heavy medium skillet.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, stirring to combine.
- Over medium heat, continue stirring until brown, about 3 minutes.
- Return to processor and add remaining ingredients, including the reserved oil.
- Process until well blended.
- Season to taste.
- Can be made ahead and refrigerated.
- Bring to room temperature before using.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Great dressing for a spinach salad with lentils, pickled onions, roasted zucchini, beet chips and kale chips... but not a kid friendly meal (I was trying to imitate the salad at Nordstrom's Bistro and it was pretty good... I still need to work on it). My husband said he would not like it as a regular salad dressing.Reply