1/1 Photo of Citrus Sesame Noodle Salad
This is refreshing, colorful, pasta salad that is low calorie and heart healthy. Want to turn this salad into a main course? Just add some cooked shrimp, chicken, or pork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb whole wheat spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas, snapped in half
- 1 small summer squash, cut into thin bite-sized strips
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup bok choy, shredded
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- orange section (to garnish)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1Cook the pasta according to he package directions and drain it. Immediately rinse the pasta under cold running water and drain it again.
- 2In a large bowl, toss together the pasta, snow peas, summer squash, carrots, and bok choy.
- 3to make the dressing, combine the orange juice, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, and salt in a small bowl and vigorously whisk the mixture. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking all the while.
- 4Pour enough dressing over the pasta and vegetables to coat them lightly, then toss them again. Just before serving, top the salad with orange sections and a sprinkling of toasted seasme seeds.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Citrus Sesame Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.8
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 62.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar