Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a yummy orange flavored salad good at any meal. I have had this salad alone as a side with fish or as a main dish by adding chicken. A store bought rotisserie chicken is good!
- 1 orange zest (reserve orange for salad)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper
- lettuce, of choice or a bag mixed greens
- Mix dressing ingredients together well and put in refrigerator.
- I use some or all of the ingredients below depending on my mood! They all go well with the dressing!
- •Chopped red onion (about a tablespoon).
- •Chop up the orange reserved from the dressing.
- •Small can mandarin oranges.
- •Feta cheese
- •Chopped glazed walnuts (a small handful).
- •Small tart apple chopped (squeeze some lemon juice on apple after chopping to keep from browning).
- •Chopped Pear
- •Chopped Craisins® (The orange flavored ones are great).
- •Chopped green onion (1 or 2 stocks).
- •Avocado (best if you don’t use the feta).
- •Chopped carrots (3 or 4 baby carrots).
- Make a bed with desired greens or lettuce and add above ingredients. Then pour dressing over top. Good with cooked chicken or shrimp!