Recipe by gailanng
A versitile and flavorful Asian rice. Do not double recipe.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
mmhmm, really liked this!!!! Very tasty rice! I didn't have an orange but I did have a tangerine, so I used the zest from that ... wonderful flavour! Cooked perfectly, I served this with Recipe#315110 and they complemented each other very well! definitely a rice that I will enjoy having again! Thanks gailanng, this was made for I Recommend tag game.
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- water, according to package instructions
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 orange, zest of
- 1 lemon, zest of, small
- one garlic clove, smashed (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced thin (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the rice well several times until the water runs clean; drain thoroughly.
- Bring water to a boil in a lidded saucepan; stir in rice, bouillon, salt, orange and lemon zest, and the optional smashed garlic clove.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until water has been absorbed. Do not stir during the cooking process to prevent gumming.
- Remove from heat, add optional green onions and fluff with fork.