Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A versitile and flavorful Asian rice. Do not double recipe.
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- water, according to package instructions
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 orange, zest of
- 1 lemon, zest of, small
- one garlic clove, smashed (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced thin (optional)
- Rinse the rice well several times until the water runs clean; drain thoroughly.
- Bring water to a boil in a lidded saucepan; stir in rice, bouillon, salt, orange and lemon zest, and the optional smashed garlic clove.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until water has been absorbed. Do not stir during the cooking process to prevent gumming.
- Remove from heat, add optional green onions and fluff with fork.
mmhmm, really liked this!!!! Very tasty rice! I didn't have an orange but I did have a tangerine, so I used the zest from that ... wonderful flavour! Cooked perfectly, I served this with "rathu Isso Curry" Sri Lankan Red Prawn Curry and they complemented each other very well! definitely a rice that I will enjoy having again! Thanks gailanng, this was made for I Recommend tag game.
Very tasty . . . since I was serving with an orange stir fry I left out the lemon zest, other than that followed your recipe. Made for ZWT #6 Forgot to mention that I used calrose rice instead of Jasmine.
This is a great recipe for rice. I used 1 1/2 cup of water for 1 cup rice. I didn't use salt. I should have diced the garlic. I used green onion at the end. We all enjoyed it. Thanks Gailanng :) Made for the Zwizzle Chicks of ZWT