Recipe by FloridaNative
A touch of lemon juice and Grand Marnier add zippy citrus notes to fresh strawberries. Serve with a dollop of lightly sweetened whipped cream. From EatingWell magazine, March/April 2008. Dietary Exchanges: 1 fruit (1 Carbohydrate Serving)
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or Splenda, honey or agave nectar)
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier or 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine strawberries, sugar (or other sweetener), Grand Marnier (or other orange liqueur) and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Let stand, stirring once or twice, until the strawberries release their juice, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of lightly sweetened whipped cream.