Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A touch of lemon juice and Grand Marnier add zippy citrus notes to fresh strawberries. Serve with a dollop of lightly sweetened whipped cream. From EatingWell magazine, March/April 2008. Dietary Exchanges: 1 fruit (1 Carbohydrate Serving)
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or Splenda, honey or agave nectar)
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier or 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine strawberries, sugar (or other sweetener), Grand Marnier (or other orange liqueur) and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Let stand, stirring once or twice, until the strawberries release their juice, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of lightly sweetened whipped cream.
When a recipe like this says serves four, what it means: serves ME
Delicious quickie dessert. I used Triple Sec for the orange liqueur. Instead of whipped cream, I served the berries over some raspberry frozen yogurt, which was fabulous. Thanks for sharing!
This was such an easy dessert to put together and was the perfect ending to a great meal. Such a simple way to serve strawberries, yet so elegant. I really enjoyed my strawberries and will definitely be serving this recipe again. Photo also to be posted. Reviewed for ZWT8.