Prep 2 hrs
Cook 35 mins
Prep time is marinading time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups V8 vegetable juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces
- Stir together V8 juice, lemon juice, lime juice, honey, orange peel, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Add chicken pieces, and turn to coat with marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Turn chicken occasionally.
- Place chicken on rack in broiler pan.
- Broil 6 inches from heat for 35 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Occasionally turn chicken and baste with marinade while cooking.
Just OK. I don't think it was very flavorful, and the V8 taste was strange. My family ate it, but said it was just OK>
This is one of the recipes I choose for PAC Fall 2007. I used chicken thighs. This is wonderful. A nice mix of tangy and sweet. I never would have thought of using V8 in a marinade, but it works! The chicken turned a orangey-pink color. lol. DH liked it too. DD inhaled it!