Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe was given to me by the most wonderful neighbor in the world. A little heavy, but the best sweetbread you'll every have!!!
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon (I add approximately 1-2 more tsp. for added zip)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup raisins (soaked in hot water for 30 min.) (optional)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans) (optional)
- Beat oil and sugar together then add all other ingredients.
- Mix and pour into TWO bread loaf pans.
- Bake 325 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Done when toothpick in center comes out clean.
- You can add 1 cup raisins soaked in hot water for 30 minutes and/or either l to 1 ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts-- makes the best sweetbread youve ever tasted even better!
- Freezes well I give them as gifts throughout the year, potlucks and family gatherings.